Preparing your abstract
There is no longer an abstract template to download and edit, you simply need to enter your abstract information straight onto the online submission system form.
Please consider using the following headings when constructing your abstract: Objectives and context, methods / approach, outcomes & conclusions.
Before submission, please have the following materials ready:
- Your prepared abstract using Normal style text of no more than 500 words including diagrams
- Your preferred topic area as chosen from the conference technical scope*
- Abstracts must be submitted by 16 July 2021 if they are to be considered for the conference. No extensions will be granted!
- The working language of the conference is English, which will be used for all printed material, presentations and discussion
*The technical programme committee reserve the right to change the authors' choice of topic area
Before submission, make sure that the following material is ready:
- Your abstract title, all authors’ names, affiliations and a 35 word (approx) biography
- Your prepared abstract of no more than 500 words, including title, names, affiliations
- Your preferred topic area is chosen from the conference technical scope.
- Have read and agree with the Terms and Conditions for publishing your paper [91KB] which can be found here. You will be asked to confirm your agreement during submission.
Note: The committee reserves the right to change the authors' choice of topic area
Submitting your abstract
If you are submitting more than one abstract you can use the same email address and password for each abstract.
- Enter the online submission system
- Enter your email address, if you are a new user the system will ask you to fill in your name and password. If you have used the system before you will just have to login
- Once you are successfully logged in follow the on-screen instructions and complete all fields.
What happens next…
- Following the review of abstracts, successful authors will be invited to submit a full paper for a second review by the committee
- Successful authors will be invited to attend and present their work at DPSP 2022 by PowerPoint Presentation or Poster Presentation
- All successful authors need to pay the author rate to attend the conference by 14 January 2022. Authors must pay an additional paper fee for each paper over their first two
- The author must be present at the conference to present the submission or the paper will not be published
- The IET cannot meet any travelling or subsistence expenses for authors, either prior to or during the conference
Thank you for your submission and good luck!
Personal data will be processed by the Institution and its associated organisations for the purpose of organising your attendance at this event.
It may also be used for the promotion of other IET products and services and contacting you for market research purposes.
By providing us with your postal address, email address and telephone number you agree that we may contact you by these methods.
You can change this preference at any time by either contacting us by post, following the link on a received email or amending your preferences if you have a MyIET online account.